Hunger Strike: Be. Cause.
2020 Date: March 27th - 28th
Join the Converge Youth Groups in this life changing event.
“Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.” - Mark 9:35 NIV
The Hunger Strike is local youth raising money to help the hungry and needy in our community and around the world.
During this 30 hour fast we will be enjoying games, worship, a missions panel, and an exciting overnight at New Hope Community Church. Then on Saturday we will help out our own communities by participating in different service projects.
2019 Service Projects
- Church Cleanup
- Open Arms Pregnancy Center
- Open Door Mission
- Open Door Kitchen
- Adirondack Manor Home
- Moreau Community Center
- King's School
- Peniel Bible Camp
- Highway Cleanup
- Jewelry Making with Hands & Feet of Hope
- You will be required to raise at least $30 to participate in the Hunger Strike.
- You will be encouraged to fast (go without food) for 30 hours. You are allowed to drink water and juice. If you have medical condition that prevents you from fasting, you can still participate. Talk it over with your youth leader.
- You are experiencing what it will be like to live homeless. Bring only what you can carry easily on your back. There are no showers, so please remember deoderant and your toothbrush.
- All participants will recieve a Hunger Strike T-Shirt
- The top money raisers will recieve a prize from Kenya or Liberia.